PLIWatch.org announces December 2006/January 2007 metrics
February 7, 2007 - Alton, Illinois
Payday Loan Industry Watch (www.pliwatch.org) announced today its fourth set of metrics, which cover the period of December 1st, 2006, to January 31th, 2007.
Managing Partner Robert James: "We're on target for quality growth."
Managing Editor William Stotler: "All predictions were as expected except the number of monthly visitors. That number almost doubled. We're pleased to be serving more visitors."
PLIWatch's metrics for December 2006 and January 2007 are:
- On average, 4,249 unique visits per month. (+2,209)
- On average, 2.68 pageviews per unique visit. (-0.16)
- Very Deep Browsing - 9 viewed 20+ pages (+2)
- Deep Browsing - 75 viewed 9 to 19 pages (+30)
- On average, 78% (no change) of all unique visits are from new visitors.
- On average, 22% (no change) of all unique visits are from returning visitors.
- On average, returning visitors revisit every 7 (+1) days.
- For 11 podcasts, between 175 and 462 (+3/+63) listeners per podcast.
- Considered in aggregate, the Site Audience is estimated to fall into the following segments:
- 40% (-3%) - General Public (Includes loan seekers and activists [77%], and non-industry businesses, such as law firms and news organizations [23%])
- 29% (+3%) - Payday Loan Industry Operators, Management, and Other Staff
- 20% (+2%) - Payday Loan Industry Affiliates (marketers, advertisers, and service firms)
- 7% (+1%) - Organizations (government, community, other institutions)
- 4% (no change) - Unclassifiable (cannot determine segment)
Based on current trends, PLIWatch predicts the following metrics for April 1st:
- Unique visits will increase to between 2842 and 3145 per month.
- Average pageviews per unique visitor will decline slightly to about 2.6.
- Of total unique visits, new visitors will account for between 77% and 79% of the total.
- Of total unique visits, return visitors will account for between 21% and 23% of the total.
- The returning visitor revisiting rate is expected to increase to an average of 7 days between visits.
- Podcast listener share on an average per-podcast basis will remain at historical levels of between 225 and 304 podcast listeners per podcast.
Metric Analysis Methods and Accuracy
(1) All current metrics dealing with unique visits, pageviews, new/returning visitors, and podcast usage are quantitative unique visitor and unique visit metrics. The numbers are based on clean server log data. I.e., Prior to calculations "noisy" non-visitor traffic sources (such as spiders and remote XML pulls) were removed from the data set.
(2) All forward-looking metrics are based on Microsoft Excel trendlines with R-squared values of no less than 0.950 (considered "very accurate"). Polynomial or logarithmic regression trend types were used, as appropriate to the data set.
(3) All Site Audience statistics were compiled by cross-checking visitor Source, Referrer, Keyword Phrase (as applicable), and Pages Viewed to determine from browsing habits the interest of the visitor--and thereby the segment into which the visitor should be placed. Hence, the percentages shown are qualitative. However, the percentages and spreads can be considered reasonably accurate, with no more than a 4% margin of error shared between the top three percentage figures, with a skew away from "General Public" and into the "Payday Loan Industry" segments.
Visitor Privacy Compliance Statement
Press Release Source
William Stotler, Managing Editor, PLIWatch
314.255.2242 / PLIWatch.org / 194 Sering Avenue / Alton, IL 62002 USA
See all press releases. | Go to About Us page.